Outdoor adventures—whether on land or water—are best captured with the help of an action camera that can withstand all the ruggedness that comes with these exploits. For this, the Campark ACT74 WiFi sports camera that offers 4k ultra-high-definition recording capability at a low price piqued our interest. Check out if it is something that you would add to your outdoor essentials as well.
Features of the Campark ACT74 WiFi Sports Camera
- Has a two-inch high-definition screen with 960 x 240 screen resolution
- Is fitted with a wide-angle 170° lens
- Can do time-lapse video recording
- Designed with a Sony sensor, can capture images at 16 megapixels and record in 4k ultra HD at 30 frames per second
- Features remote control and WiFi connectivity across 10 meters
- Placed in its case, this is waterproof up to 30 meters
- Saves in JPEG format for pictures as well as MP4 and H.264 for video recordings
- Has 11 language support (English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Japanese, Russian, Korean, and Polish
- Is powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery with a productivity time of about 90 minutes.
- Can be supported by up to 64GB of micro SD card memory
- Supports HDMI output
- Measures 58mm x 40mm x 29 mm
- Weighs 61 grams
This action camera comes with a waterproof case, a helmet mount kit, four zip ties, three straps, a bicycle mount, and two batteries.
- It is lightweight and compact, yet it is sturdy. The camera, as well as the accessories it came with, do not look or feel cheap.
- It is a versatile tool for land and water activities, including diving and snorkeling.
- The quality of the camera’s outputs is excellent in a good lighting environment.
- Because it has WiFi connectivity, you can conveniently share videos or photos via social media or email. Not to mention, the WiFi connection is seamless.
- It makes a less expensive alternative to the GoPro action camera.
- The camera comes with a lot of extras, and they are mostly compatible with other action camcorders.
- While the quality of pictures and videos is good, it isn’t of 4k ultra HD quality. Still, they come out crisp and clean. Under low lighting, quality though is noticeably different.
- The battery door is not attached to the camera from any side, so the probability of losing the cover is there. It is also difficult to open and somewhat flimsy.
- Using the mobile app isn’t a walk in the park.
- A detailed manual would have certainly cut back on guesswork on how to use the camera and other accessories it came with.
Design: The Campark ACT74 WiFi sports camera is a powerful action camera with a 170-degree wide-angle lens that can take great photos in good lighting conditions. It works well in both land and water applications—with the ability to go underwater as deep as 30 meters.
Another great feature is the WiFi connection capability, which allows quick photo and video sharing over the Internet. The only challenging part related to this is the user-friendliness of the mobile app.
This camera also comes with a host of accessories to gear it up for varied activities, including bicycle and helmet mounts and waterproof cases. Plus, most of them are cross-compatible with other action cameras.
Care has to be exercised though in opening the battery door since it is somewhat flimsy. You also need to make sure that you don’t lose the battery cover when you remove it since it is not hinged on the camera.
Performance: As for the performance of this action camera, there is little to complain about. It provides you nice pictures with its wide-angle lens and Sony sensor. The quality though is not 4k ultra HD, but it is good considering the price. Still, if you’re looking to this camera for the 4k ultra HD feature, you might need to keep looking. Pictures come out particularly good under bright lighting.
Price: For what it can do and all the accessories it came with, the Campark ACT74 WiFi sports camera is a steal. It is the closest you can get to a GoPro camera when you’re on a budget.
A strong contender for the Campark ACT74 WiFi sports camera is the DBPOWER 4k action camera. Like the former, it also features a 170° wide-angle lens, a two-inch screen, WiFi connection capability, and water resistance for up to 30 meters.
While it is four megapixels short of the Campark ACT74 WiFi sports camera, it does record in 4k ultra high-definition resolution. So, if you’re in this quest for a 4k ultra HD sports camera, this one makes a strong case against Compark ACT74. Aside from mount accessory kits, the DBPOWER 4k action camera also comes with a selfie stick and a remote control, which Campark ACT74 does not.
If you have a few dollars to spare and are specifically looking for a 4k ultra HD action camera, this one is where you would want to place your money.
The Campark ACT74 WiFi Sports Camera is a good choice for hobbyists or enthusiasts looking for a decent action camera to immortalize outdoor fun and adventure. A great thing about it is that it comes with almost all the transformation tools you need to make it fit for a wide range of activities, from biking and skiing to surfing and scuba diving.
But if you are specifically looking at this camera to meet your 4k ultra HD resolution requirement, you may not find your match in it. That is not to say though that the picture and video quality is poor. It is just that the 4k ultra HD resolution isn’t there. Still, for the price you pay for it and all the accessories it comes with, it is a bargain.